In the Disability Justice huddle, we believe that the time for equitable opportunities and outcomes for Texans with disabilities is long overdue.
Together we will engage in cross-disability, intersectional advocacy efforts to help legislators improve bills and mitigate harmful impacts while proactively pushing for the changes our community needs.
Many issues focused on by other indivisible huddles have a disproportionate impact on people with disabilities, and the Disability Justice huddle plans to work collaboratively with other huddles throughout the legislative session.
Join this huddle to learn more about the legislative process and play an active role in:
- tracking bills
- prioritizing issues
- working on language for bill amendments
- creating and amplifying calls to action
- researching legislative history and analyzing legislation
- meeting with legislative staffers to help them understand why Texans with disabilities must be prioritized now, and why we cannot wait!
If you are interested in getting involved, please let me know! There are multiple ways to reach me, choose what works best for you:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send me a direct message in slack @Joey Gidseg
- Call / text: 512-944-0729