ACT BY FRIDAY, MARCH 26
The Texas Senate State Affairs Committee is holding a hearing this Friday (March 26) on Senate Bill 29, “Bathroom Bill 3.0,” AKA the “Show Me Your Genitals” bill.
SB 29 bans transgender children from participating in student athletics teams that match their gender identities, excluding them from the friendship, education, teamwork, and health benefits of playing a sport. Worse, it would allow anyone–coach, fan or player–to accuse and humiliate any child (especially girls) of not belonging, potentially leading to accused children being forced to undergo invasive examinations and other privacy-violating tests.
Every single Texan can take action to make sure that the identities of transgender children are respected and that they are able to enjoy the benefits of playing sports with their peers.
TESTIFY IN PERSON
If you can, show up at the Capitol on Friday before 9 AM and register to testify against SB 29.
CALL COMMITTEE MEMBERS
Call the members of the Senate State Affairs Committee (see contact info below) prior to the hearing and voice your opposition to this bill.
You can say…
Hi, my name is _____ . I live in _______ and my zip code is ________. I’m calling to let you know that I strongly oppose SB 29, the “Show Me Your Genitals” bill targeting transgender children. Texas does not need another bathroom bill, and trying to exclude transgender girls in particular from sports hurts girls athletics overall. Not one child benefits from this bill! Attempting to prove that a child doesn’t belong on the sports team that matches their gender identity subjects them to invasive, privacy-violating tests. No child deserves to go through that! But all children deserve to participate and play with their peers. I urge you to vote against SB 29.
Senate State Affairs Committee
- Chair Bryan Hughes, firstname.lastname@example.org, 512-463-0101
- Vice-Chair Brian Birdwell, email@example.com, 512-463-0122
- Member: Donna Campbell, firstname.lastname@example.org, 512-463-0125
- Member: Bob Hall, email@example.com, 512-463-0102
- Member: Eddie Lucio, Jr., firstname.lastname@example.org, 512-463-0127
- Member: Jane Nelson, email@example.com, 512-463-0112
- Member: Beverly Powell, firstname.lastname@example.org, 512-463-0110
- Member: Charles Schwertner, email@example.com, 512-463-0105
- Member: Judith Zaffirini, firstname.lastname@example.org, 512-463-0121
You can record that you made a call in our CTA Tracker!